Well, let’s see…first of all, the picture I’ve posted has nothing at all to do with my blog title. The last time I blogged was February 12th (I think), so I figured I would just recap the last 11 days of my life. They may be in chronological order, they may not be.
- We went to Outback on Valentine’s Day (yeah, smart, I know) to celebrate my and my sister’s birthday with my dad’s side of the family. Her birthday actually *is* on Valentine’s Day, while mine was back in January. The photo above is my sister and my niece at the restaurant. While at the restaurant, my daughter proceeded to eat the bread they bring to the table (LOVE LOVE LOVE that bread!), an Outback Burger, a steamed lobster tail, and aussie chips (aka french fries) dipped in the leftover lobster butter – is anyone else’s stomach hurting yet? She then ate a huge piece of birthday cake back at my sister’s house, and decided right before we left that she wanted one more piece of cake. Is anyone surprised that she was running to the bathroom at 2:30am saying, “I think I might vomit!” ??? She didn’t, thank goodness, but all I could think of was, “Oh please, not the spaghettios again. Please, anything but that!”
- Genius that I am, I left my brand new camera at the restaurant. Thankfully, someone found it and locked it up in the office until I could come back and get it.
- My left eye has been bloodshot for about 4 weeks now. It does not hurt, itch, or ooze, it’s just red. After the 2nd week, I finally had time to call and schedule an appointment with my doctor. Sometime between the Thursday when I made the appointment, and President’s Day 4 days later, my doctor left the practice! I went and saw the remaining doctor anyway, who can’t really offer any explanation of why my eye is red, but insists that the reason it has stayed red is because I keep wearing my contact lenses. I’m not sure why wearing contact lenses on the outside of my eye would be irritating broken blood vessels inside my eye, but in an effort to humor the doctor, I went and got new glasses on Saturday so that I can stop wearing my contacts for a few days and not drive into a tree. I hate wearing glasses.
- My boss resigned the other day.
- I finally ordered a new stove and dishwasher. They will be delivered and installed on Saturday. I wanted to order a new microwave, too, but they won’t let me order it until after they come out and look at the space to decide how much they will charge to install it…currently there’s only a hood there above the stove, so they will have to install an outlet for the microwave. Once those things are in there, I guess I will have no choice but to finally finish painting the cabinet doors!
- I can’t think of any other trivial things that happened this week, so I guess it’s time for the biggie…Megan had another seizure this morning at about 5:35am. As far as I know, this is the first one she’s had since Christmas morning, but she seems to like to have them at the crack of dawn, so I’m wondering if she’s had others and I just didn’t hear them. She had already been awake, because her tv was on when I went in…so I guess she was lying in bed watching tv before getting up to get ready for school. That’s a good thing, I suppose, because it meant no falling down. It didn’t last that long – maybe 3 or 4 minutes once I was in the room, and then it was over. 15 minutes later, she was trying to convince me to take her to Dunkin’ Donuts for breakfast. After 2 weeks of waiting, the neurologist’s office had finally called me on Friday with an authorization number for her MRI, so I called to schedule that today, and luckily, they were able to take her this afternoon. I never realized how LOUD those things are. So now, we’re just waiting to see what the MRI says. Right now, she’s out in the living room playing her wii and giggling like a mad fool.