Well, let’s see…first of all, the picture I’ve posted has nothing at all to do with my blog title. The last time I blogged was February 12th (I think), so I figured I would just recap the last 11 days of my life. They may be in chronological order, they may not be.
- We went to Outback on Valentine’s Day (yeah, smart, I know) to celebrate my and my sister’s birthday with my dad’s side of the family. Her birthday actually *is* on Valentine’s Day, while mine was back in January. The photo above is my sister and my niece at the restaurant. While at the restaurant, my daughter proceeded to eat the bread they bring to the table (LOVE LOVE LOVE that bread!), an Outback Burger, a steamed lobster tail, and aussie chips (aka french fries) dipped in the leftover lobster butter – is anyone else’s stomach hurting yet? She then ate a huge piece of birthday cake back at my sister’s house, and decided right before we left that she wanted one more piece of cake. Is anyone surprised that she was running to the bathroom at 2:30am saying, “I think I might vomit!” ??? She didn’t, thank goodness, but all I could think of was, “Oh please, not the spaghettios again. Please, anything but that!”
- Genius that I am, I left my brand new camera at the restaurant. Thankfully, someone found it and locked it up in the office until I could come back and get it.
- My left eye has been bloodshot for about 4 weeks now. It does not hurt, itch, or ooze, it’s just red. After the 2nd week, I finally had time to call and schedule an appointment with my doctor. Sometime between the Thursday when I made the appointment, and President’s Day 4 days later, my doctor left the practice! I went and saw the remaining doctor anyway, who can’t really offer any explanation of why my eye is red, but insists that the reason it has stayed red is because I keep wearing my contact lenses. I’m not sure why wearing contact lenses on the outside of my eye would be irritating broken blood vessels inside my eye, but in an effort to humor the doctor, I went and got new glasses on Saturday so that I can stop wearing my contacts for a few days and not drive into a tree. I hate wearing glasses.
- My boss resigned the other day.
- I finally ordered a new stove and dishwasher. They will be delivered and installed on Saturday. I wanted to order a new microwave, too, but they won’t let me order it until after they come out and look at the space to decide how much they will charge to install it…currently there’s only a hood there above the stove, so they will have to install an outlet for the microwave. Once those things are in there, I guess I will have no choice but to finally finish painting the cabinet doors!
- I can’t think of any other trivial things that happened this week, so I guess it’s time for the biggie…Megan had another seizure this morning at about 5:35am. As far as I know, this is the first one she’s had since Christmas morning, but she seems to like to have them at the crack of dawn, so I’m wondering if she’s had others and I just didn’t hear them. She had already been awake, because her tv was on when I went in…so I guess she was lying in bed watching tv before getting up to get ready for school. That’s a good thing, I suppose, because it meant no falling down. It didn’t last that long – maybe 3 or 4 minutes once I was in the room, and then it was over. 15 minutes later, she was trying to convince me to take her to Dunkin’ Donuts for breakfast. After 2 weeks of waiting, the neurologist’s office had finally called me on Friday with an authorization number for her MRI, so I called to schedule that today, and luckily, they were able to take her this afternoon. I never realized how LOUD those things are. So now, we’re just waiting to see what the MRI says. Right now, she’s out in the living room playing her wii and giggling like a mad fool.
8 thoughts on “Seizure Girl Strikes Again – News at 11”
Its been a busy fortnight for you hasn't it? Hopefully Megan will be fine. Congrats on the appliances. Its about time you got your Christmas and Birthday presents.
Oh No Jen! I hope they figure out what is going on, it is so scary for you…I know it makes sleeping even hard for you!
Your Boss…the one you finally cured resigned?? OMG! did he say why??
I got glasses too…we will have to swap pictures…wanna? So is the eye getting better??
You finally ordered the stove and fridge? Um…you slow poke! Let me know when your ready for me to come help with the cabinets, I told ya I would …just tell me when.
Geez Jenny 🙁 I hope the MRI can tell you what's going on. She'll probably have to have one of those tests where they stick those bulbous suction cups all over her head (be sure to bring a camera). Fill us in when you find out, huh?
Darn. I'd hoped it was going to be a one time deal. I'm sorry Megan had another, but I'm glad she finally got that MRI. Now, hopefully, they'll be able to let you know what's going on. At least it's good that she's handling it well enough. I'd imagine it would be worse on her if she was worried and stressing about it the whole time. (Like you, as any mom would be, are.)
Didn't Doctor Sharon tell you to take our your contacts a few weeks ago? lol
Man, you were lucky someone didn't run off with your camera. See, there still are some decent people left. Julie is looking good and Cheese is adorable as ever.
And here I was just getting ready to send you an email and ask about the work shuffle and what's been up!
Fingers crossed that all gets better soon. Call if you need anything!
Who sleeps? I no longer sleep, I doze. The weirdest part is, I woke up at least once every hour all night long on Sunday night…*before* she had the second seizure early Monday morning. It's almost like I was waiting for it.
From what I understand, the only real purpose of the MRI is to “rule out a mass.” My question is, if the MRI says she doesn't have any kind of brain tumor or anything, then WHAT is causing the seizures???
Jen – yes, the boss that I cured is the one that resigned. I'll PM you the story, just in case anyone from work reads my blog. 🙂
Sharon – my contacts have been out since Saturday, and I think my eye still looks the same. I think maybe my doctor moonlights for LensCrafters, and was just trying to drive some new business.
Kat – if they do that test, I will totally be taking pictures…(Megan may kill me, but what can you do???)
Hope the MRI finds out good results, have you got a new boss yet??LOL, and glad you got the camera back
Here's an update: The MRI came back clear. So…she's not having seizures because of a brain tumor (no…she's having them for no good reason!). She's had a cold this week, and has been running a fever off and on…so now I don't know if the fever is because of the cold or because of the anti-seizure meds. I guess I'll be calling the doctor in the morning…a fever is one of the symptoms listed under “call your doctor if you experience any of these…” I hope this isn't from the medicine, because according to the neurologist, this medication is the one that has the fewest instances of side-effects.
Huh. Whoda thunk that a med could cause a fever. I wonder what the interaction is that would do that. Glad to hear the MRI was clear tho, that's awesome.
I hope they find out what's up soon. 🙂