Now that I’m home from work and can blog without feeling like I am being a bad girl, I will follow Kat and Jen’s lead and post my 5 things. There are a couple of people that know some, if not all of these, but hey, what can you do? So here they are, in no particular order…
1) I only attended kindergarten for a few weeks, before being moved up to 1st grade. My mother claims that it was done because I could already read (and had taught myself when I was 2ish), but I believe to this day that it was because I took a chicken heart to school for show-and-tell. (Don’t hate me, Kat, I didn’t cut it out myself – I was only 4!!! It came in the bag of gizzards that was shoved inside the chicken we had for dinner.)
2) I play the piano, flute, and piccolo. (NO, I never went to band camp.)
3) I have dislocated my left shoulder twice within the last 5 years. The first time, I was taking the cat to the vet. (He was a big cat!) The second time, I was trying on a blouse in Dress Barn.
4) I used to love the X-Files when it was on. (No, that’s not one of my ‘things’…wait for it!) I used to go online and read ‘fan fiction’ – original stories based on the X-Files characters that had been written by various people and posted on the internet. Some of the stories were really, really good and extremely well-written, and others were so bad you couldn’t be certain that the author had ever even heard of Mulder or Scully. One day after reading a particularly bad story, I found myself thinking, “Geez, I could do better than THAT.” I had an idea for a short story of my own, and I started writing. And writing. And writing. Exactly 1 year to the day later, I had finished writing my very first (and so far, only) fictional novel. Unfortunately, it came at the very end of the X-Files series’ lifespan, so the publisher very nicely informed me that they would not be publishing any more X-Files books. (But being the attention-whore that I am – ha ha – anyone who’d like to read it is more than welcome!)
5) I sing in the car. Loudly. And in the shower. And while doing the dishes. And…pretty much any time there is music on to which I know the words. And sometimes even when there isn’t any music on.
Sorry Mom, I couldn’t come up with anything that you don’t already know (that I feel like telling you now!) lol…