While perusing the owner’s manual of my new refrigerator, I came across some very important safety warnings that I felt compelled to share with you. Please, please, please make sure you heed these warnings – your life may depend on it!
- When connecting the power, the dedicated outlet should be used. The electric leakage breaker may damage food and the dispenser may be leaked. (HUH?)
- Do not allow the power cord bent or pressed by the heavy object to be damaged. It may damage the power cord to cause fire or electric shock. (Ok, this one almost makes sense, but the picture shows the refrigerator with a large, heavy CHAIR between it and the wall, crushing the power cord. Who puts living room furniture behind the refrigerator?)
- Do not extend or modify the length of the power plug. (Seems reasonable, let’s continue…) It causes electric shock or fire by the electric damage of the power cord or others.
- Do not place the lit candle within the refrigerator to deodorize. It may cause explosion or fire. (Good to know!)
- Do not store the medicine or the academic materials at the refrigerator. When the material with the strict temperature control is stored, it may be deterioated or it may make an unexpected reaction to cause any risk. (Don’t put your math books in there, kiddies! We wouldn’t want to make an unexpected reaction to cause any risk!!!)
- Use the submerged refrigerator after checking it. It may cause electric shock or fire. (I’m sorry, but if your refrigerator is submerged, you’ve got way bigger problems than whether or not to use it!)
- Do not install the refrigerator in the wet place or the place which water or rain splashes. Deterioration of insulation of electric parts may cause electric leakage. (Installing your fridge in the shower might not be the best of ideas!)
- Do not use or store inflammable materials ether, benzene, alcohol, medicine, LP gas, spray or cosmetics near or in the refrigerator. It may cause explosion or fire. (Uh, wouldn’t those be FLAMMABLE materials? And darn it, where am I supposed to store my liquid petroleum gas then???)
- Do not insert the hands into the ice bucket or the ice dispenser. Operating the ice maker may cause injury. (Uh, ok…how do we get the ice out? Better yet, how do we MAKE ice if we don’t operate the ice maker?)
- Do not insert the hands or the metal stick into the exit of cool air, the cover, the bottom of the refrigerator, the heatproof grill (exhaust hole) at the backside. It may cause electric shock or injury. (Oops, which I would’ve known that about the metal stick earlier…)
- I was going to stop at 10, but this one is just sooooo important!!! When you want to dispose the refrigerator, contact to the down-block office. When you want to dispose the large living waste such as electric home appliance and furniture, you’d better contact the local down-block office. (I want to know how they know that I have large living waste in my refrigerator? He hasn’t even been reported missing yet!)
Hopefully everyone will be much safer with their refrigerators tonight after these incredibly helpful tips!!!
7 thoughts on “Safety First!”
Well he may be good looking, but he sounds stupid.
He was on sale because his creators were idiots. I'm amazed he even works with all that electric “leakage” going on.
And here I was planning on bringing my spare hands on a metal stick to cool in your fridge. Darn! You know, there's nothing quite like chilled hands on a metal stick in the summer time!
Maybe its just me, but that last line sounds a little kinky Sharon.
Naughty, naughty!! Just sounded like some frozen treat you'd give the the kids to eat on the porch to me!! LOL
You gave your kids frozen metal sticks to chew on???
no, frozen hands on metal sticks!! nummy!
What country is your fridge from? Obviously it doesn't speak very gooder English.